Sunday, February 25, 2018

What's With the Weather?

2/25/2018

The rainy weather today, continues to make the backyard a sloppy mess.  This kind of weather makes ducks and geese particularly happy. It's Sunday and the second day of nearly constant rain.  I hate rain, particularly if I have to go outside.  Luckily for me, I don't have anywhere I need to go today.  Jeff is leaving for the weekly shop, and then will pick up Benjamin.  Benjamin is going to stay the night, and while Stacey and I get our pedicures, he can stay here and play or watch movies.

Benjamin likes to pick a movie that he wants to watch.  Actually, most of the time, he sort of watches, but the rest of the time, he's dancing around and singing.  This behavior doesn't bother me at all.  Over the years, I have built up a lot of patience.  I believe, this is a trait of mothers of boys!

I went to the salon yesterday, and had my hair cut short.  I told Angie, who has been cutting my hair for nearly 30 years, that I wanted her to cut it short, so that after it's washed, I can just shake it in place.  I'm also trying not to have "bed head" while I'm not able to shower.  I don't even care if my new "do" doesn't do anything for me, I'm just getting all my ducks in a row before Tuesday.

Jeff bought me some special soap that I'm supposed to use on Tuesday before going to the hospital.  And, I'm not supposed to shave anything below the neck.  Bummer, because I don't like hair on my legs, but I'm going to follow the instructions.  I don't want any hiccups on Tuesday.

I'll probably do laundry today and when Benjamin comes we might make Jell-o jigglers together. Jigglers is fun to eat.  Because of the gelatin that you add to the flavored jell-o, you get fun finger food!

Even though I won't be home on Tuesday and/or Wednesday, I have recorded the week's television shows to watch.  We do have a television in our bedroom, and if I'm not feeling too good, could rest in bed, and privately bid on items on the Price Is Right!

My ability to relax is a real problem now.  It's the fear of what's coming, that is making me mentally a mess.  I'm trying to practice my hmmms and nummms (I don't know how to spell those words, but you get the idea.

I hope it's sunny where you are.

P

 

1 comment:

  1. we'll be thinking of you on Tues. Sounds as though you've got everything covered. With your planning, it will all go very smoothly. Enjoy Benjamin today, and maybe we will see a new blog from him too! Much love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...