Friday, February 16, 2018

Best Valentine Gift Ever!

2/16/2018

Jeff and I do not really celebrate what has become a Hallmark event on the calendar.  Flowers die, chocolate adds weight to your body, and I already own all the jewelry I want.

So what's left you ask?  My gift came the day after, but was okay, because Jeff had the landscaping company come out to the house, and in March, there will trees cut down, trees pruned, boxwoods pulled up and new ones planted.  Most of the lawn will be separated by an orange plastic "fence" to keep the girls off what will be a newly seeded and fertilized lawn.  For me, I appreciate and love big gifts.  Gifts that are practical is what I prefer.  And this year, Jeff knocked it out of the ballpark!!!

The girls, whose names I shall not mention here, have absolutely destroyed the backyard.  The only thing missing from the debris field back there, is a dead body.  Remanents of a potholder, one sock, fluff from any number of plushy animals, and the items they like best: paper plates, paper towels and paper cups.  I was actually embarrassed to have the lawn guy go into the yard.  We didn't discuss what was going to be planted in what will become a major bare area back there.  I think we're going to plant new Leland Cypress trees back there, keeping mind that the trees should be cut at the top before they become as large as the ones we're taking out.  I can hardly wait for the work to begin. Eventually, once the yard catches on in the majority of the yard, then we'll have to do something with the small piece of yard that the girls will have access to.  Exercise will be very important once the girls are confined, so Jeff will be taking them out for walks, and/or we go out to Andrew's house and let the girls run free for several hours.  

Jeff continues, even after all these years, to surprise me.  Over time, he's bought us power recliners (the only way to go), a huge television that I can watch without my glasses, and someone who comes in every week to clean the house.  Jeff takes really good care of me, and I'm very fortunate to have him as my husband and best friend.  I know I try his patience almost, nah scratch that, every day, because my brain short circuits all the time.  But, I do try my best to retain what I've been told, such as what he did at work, for example.

Lately, I've been misplacing my glasses constantly.  I put them down somewhere, turn around a few times, and then draw a blank on their whereabouts.  Solution?  I have finally succumbed to an eyeglass holder that I wear around my neck.  How old lady-ish (nope, that's not actually a word), I feel now.  I did find, a woman who makes very stylish eyeglass holders.  I actually don't think that's what their called, but you get the idea.  So, I'm now sporting a very pretty yellow "gold" and beaded holder.  If I have to get old, and apparently I do, then I want some part of me to be a "bit" stylish.  Wearing this around my neck, should and will solve my problem of misplacing my glasses, which I need all the time.

It's Friday, and I hope all of you have wonderful weekend plans.

P

Image result for picture of eyeglass holder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...