Sunday, February 11, 2018

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

2/11/2018

If, and that's a big IF, I were a duck, I'd be loving this weather.  But, since I'm not a duck, the rain yesterday and again this morning, just makes me feel cranky.  There's another word to describe me, which starts with a "B", but we won't go there today!

Benjamin stayed over last night, so he and I watched some movie that he wanted to see.  Dinner was eggs - he loves Jeff's eggs (and who doesn't), and had popcorn.  We stayed up late, probably too late, but once he got in bed, fell asleep almost immediately.

Fast forward to this morning.  His breakfast, which is always the same, when he's here, was a PopTart.  Nutritious?  Not hardly, but when you're at MomMom's house, the rules are bent a "little" (okay, perhaps more than a little).  Benjamin and I watched a Woody Woodpecker movie, which was a first for me.  Growing up,Woody was shown at the beginning of a movie.  The movie, which had a lot of slapstick comedy (people falling into cement) for instance was fun.  I, did recommend, that Benjamin not start making woodpecker sounds at home, because a little goes a long way!  Benjamin is now watching a Pokemon movie, and I've bowed out to get dressed and start my day.

Jeff went to the airport yesterday to put in that part I think I blogged about.  Afterwards, a quick trip through WalMart, and then he came home.  While, he can't fly at the moment, he still enjoys (actually he loves) being around the plane.  He's been walking the dogs at night, and is building up stamina, and the girls love the exercise. For all sorts of reasons, I don't go on walks.  I could take my rollator I suppose, and walk a little and sit a little. But, that doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

I have paid for I think 3 carpet cleanings from Stanley Steamer, but don't want to have the carpets done for now.  No point in cleaning up muddy paw prints, only to have the girls go back outside into what was once a backyard, but now just a muddy bog!   

Jeff made a large pot of sweet 'n sour chicken the other night, and it's super yummy and probably will be dinner tonight.  But before, we can warm up dinner, yours truly, has to wrangle the kitchen into some kind of order!

My right foot, still numb by the way, is swollen and no longer fits into any of my regular shoes, clarification, shoes that need to be tied up.  So, I bought a larger than my size shoe, and I also bought that shoe in a wide size.  The new and wider shoes, doesn't squeeze my toes on my right foot in the toe area, but are a bit sloppy when I walk.  Compromise, compromise, I guess.

Signing off now, because I have a "soft" rule that I should/must be showered and dressed before lunchtime!  And lunchtime is coming around the clock fast.

Enjoy your day.  Not actually our backyard, but you get the idea!

P   

Image result for picture of a muddy yard



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...