Thursday, February 1, 2018

A New Month!

2/1/2018

Well, we've kicked January to the curb, and can't even begin to imagine what things are going to look like in February.  We've got the Valentine Day going on.  Men will rush around just before the 14th, to buy romantic cards, roses and candy.  Those three things are like the trifecta of Valentine's Day!

What would I like to receive on Valentine's Day, other than crap loads of money, a steak.  Yup, that's it.  Jeff and I no longer buy steaks, but surely do enjoy them when we eat out, which isn't very often.

This has been a quiet week for us, as far as doctor appointments go.  Starting next week, our calendar is beginning to fill up.  The good thing about having Jeff work from home, is he can take a break now and again, to deposit me in a doctor's office. And, I suppose if he could find a quiet place, continue working.  That's the beauty of working remote, you can take your laptop and literally work anywhere.

After I get dressed, it's back up to Jeff's office, to complete the end of year accounting.  File this, mail that, pull out old tax related documents and put them in a folder appropriately named.  By doing this, then there will be room for the more current documents.  This work is very time consuming and frankly doesn't even register on the "fun" scale!  Although, once every document has been put in binders, and my desk is clean again, there is a feeling of satisfaction for a job well done.

I think it would be a good idea to designate every Tuesday as "put your shred out" basket in the hall.  If I shred weekly, and I do it before Ada comes on Wednesday, then shredding won't become a nightmare to finish.  Yesterday, I filled up two large black trash bags with shredded material.  When I empty the shredder, I always seem to get most of the shredded material in the trash bag, but, unfortunately, I always spill some of the shred on the floor.

It's a gloomy Gus kind of day.  Probably not cold enough to snow, but it sure looks like it could.  And there are many people, which includes Jeff, who would really like it to snow, and we're not talking about just a dusting either.  As Scott would say, he would like "foots" of snow!

Talk to you later.

P

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...