Monday, February 19, 2018

Shark Tank and New Products

2/19/2018

I don't know how many of you watch Shark Tank, on basically a regular basis.  Over time, Jeff and I have seen some amazing products.  Amazing enough that we were intrigued and bought those products.  Some of the inventors come on the show, and it's a snooze fest for both the sharks as well as ourselves.

Scrub Daddy was one of those products, and it works as advertised.  Another product was Third Wave Water, which is something that you put in your container of water and ultimately in your coffee pot, Keurig, etc. This product also works very well, and we like it enough, that we have reordered!  And, as advertised, it does make coffee taste better, and who wouldn't like that?

This morning, while I was watching the show, two sisters came in with a product called "Hugo's Amazing Tape".  The tape was invented by their father, who has since passed away.  I have to tell you that the tape, as demonstrated on several different things, books, power cards, etc., was impressive.  Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner, of QVC fame, offered to buy the company from the sisters for $100,000.  The sisters took the offer and the money, and kept on going.  I don't think the sisters actually knew what to do with their father's legacy, so in the end, it probably was a good deal for them.

As I mentioned above, I like to buy the occasional new product I see on the show.  And, today, I bought a roll of "Amazing Tape".  Once it arrives, I'll give you my critique.  If the tape did nothing else but keep the electronic cords nice and tidy, it would definitely receive an A+ in my book.  The tape sticks to itself and when you remove the tape, there is no sticky residue.  

Some of the products I've seen, while interesting, are priced just too high for me.  After all, you're buying a, for the most part, new product and keeping your fingers crossed that the money you spent doesn't immediately go down the drain! It's like gambling in a way, you go all in, and hope for the best.

We're not interested in off-the-wall products, or the ones that are super duper expensive.  But, for $20.00 and free shipping on the tape, I'm willing to give it a try.

It's not a very nice day in the neighborhood.  The forecast for tomorrow looks very good, and it will probably be a top down kind of day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...