Saturday, July 7, 2018

A Cooler Saturday

7/7/2018

Temperature outside is much cooler than it has been.  But, my theory is that once you start with a/c, you might as well leave the house closed up.  And, by doing so, our electricity company simply LOVES us!

If you've been reading about all of our car mishaps, then you should know that is: 2 for cars and 0 for Jeff and I.  At least, Jeff has a rental car, because while my car was promised for yesterday, the body shop was still waiting for parts.

I don't know exactly how long Jeff's car will be at the dealers, but I suspect for a few days while they put his beautiful car back together.  Oh, and put four new tires on.  The tires needed replacing, and this time seemed as good as any.

My friend, "Auntie Kim" (which is what Benjamin calls her), came up yesterday afternoon for a visit while we sat on the porch.  It seemed and felt like everything that came out of mouth was unhappy news.  Jeff and I have been through enough s**t lately, that there must be a pony inside there somewhere!

When Stacey and I went to the book warehouse, I bought myself a kit for making beaded bracelets.  I may, open that box today, and see if I can make heads or tails out of the instructions.  I've long been known for my inability to follow directions and/or instructions.  Another words, I can screw things up quickly; and, for the most part I always have good intentions.

The neighbor next door is having a new deck built.  I have closed the basement door, so that the girls can't go outside and bark and bark.  When I let them outside, I'll probably go downstairs and be able to control their "freedom of speech"!

I have no plans for the weekend, and I don't know if Jeff is going out to Andrew's house to do some mowing.  

Starting on the 18th, I will have Benjamin for four days.  Jeff is traveling that weekend, so I'll be on my own for entertainment.  An afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese might be a possibility.  I can zone out, while Benjamin hops from one game to another. There is always the water park or a movie. Sometimes, Benjamin just plays with his cars and racetrack in the den, while listening more and watching less a movie.  I have watched Shrek so many times than I could probably read the script.  Of course, once Benjamin is here and he's thinking about a movie, we ALWAYS go through my shrieking - no Benjamin anything beside Shrek.  Guess what?  To no surprise to me, he always picks Shrek movies.  Grandmas everywhere put up with this kind of stuff every day.  It's just what Grandma's do.  

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...