Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Rain Again?!

7/25/2018

While driving to Baltimore for a doctor's appointment, we had the top down for the first part of our trip.  On the way home, the rain was more than a little tinkle, so we had to put the top up. I enjoy riding in Jeff's car, pretty much only when the top is down.  I mean, anybody who would buy a convertible in January, in Washington, has to be nuts.  But, that was us, and we have never regretted our decision.

We took Bella with us yesterday, for more outside of the house training.  She was, flawless. She now gets into the car willingly, and once inside a doctor's office, etc., pays no attention to all the things going around her.  

The other nice thing about taking Bella with us, is that we don't have to "Bella Proof" the house.  Daisy causes no destruction, other than the occasional peeing in the house, because she wants to!  As you know, when Bella is left alone in the house, when we return it looks like a tornado came through. And, unfortunately, we can't predict what things, she'll want to get into.  Last time, it was new shirts for Jeff out through the doggy door, along with several boxes of crafts for Benjamin and I.

Since we've had so much rain, the grass as well as the weeds, have grown and grown. Luckily, for us, we don't do our own mowing anymore.  However, weed pulling is on us/me.

Many years ago, Jeff and I celebrated a bonus he received from IBM, with friends on the Queen Mary.  It was a wonderful evening, and because of my imagination, could swear that the boat was moving -, but it wasn't. I watched a show called "I Want That Wedding", and the first episode showed a wedding on the Queen Mary.  Loved it.

There is deck building going on next door. Most of the time, the comings and goings, don't bother the dogs - but, every now and then it does.  To prevent that from happening this morning, the basement door is closed. When Daisy sits on my lap, which is often, I can ALMOST forgive her for not using the doggy door.  Notice, I said almost. Went down there yesterday, and did some floor cleaning. I'm really not able to get on my hands and knees to do deep scrubbing. This job, like so many others, has to be done by Jeff.  And, he already has too many "to do's" on his list.

P





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...