Sunday, July 15, 2018

Furniture - Old and New

7/16/2018

If you remember, and it's possible that I never wrote about it, but the girls over the past two years have literally chewed one arm of our leather sofa to the wood!  Not a good look, and not a piece of furniture that could be sold, and probably not even given away!

Enter Scott to the rescue.  Maybe two weeks ago (and Jeff I may not have that date right), Scott came up with the truck and told Jeff to pick up one end of the sofa.  No fussing about keeping the sofa. The sofa went to the dump, where it was tossed in the area where things that can't be recycled go.

I decided that once the sofa was gone, I didn't want to have a sofa or love seat in it's place.  Simply, a chair.  Our neighborhood has a website, where people can post things for sale or free.

I stumbled along (actually I was actively looking) for a chair to put in the den.  And, I found one.  The seller has his house up for sale and was selling a beautiful, off white leather chair that looks very comfortable.  We exchanged emails back and forth, because there was no way that the chair could be moved without a truck.

Enter Scott again. He's coming up with the truck this afternoon, we'll go to the seller's house and get the chair.  Oh, I failed to mention that the cost of the chair is only $25.00.  He simply wants it gone - now! Buying a chair sight unseen, can sometimes be risky, but for such a low price how can I go wrong.  Besides, the majority of the time, I'll put a blanket or towel on the seat of the chair, so that the dogs can get up and take one of their many naps during the day.  And, when somebody comes to visit, which is pretty rare, all I have to do is remove said towel/blanket, and it turns into a human chair!  The things that we'll do for our dogs. Because of all the nonsense got into on Friday, we'll have to put the girls in the basement.

I think (and Jeff can correct this) that we are removing all of the Leland Cypresses in the backyard.  They are all too tall, and dying. They've been in place for 32 years, so it was very good run. We'll get new plant suggestions from both our local landscaping company, as well as from the arborist (sp).  Maybe we want to plant something new, perhaps an arborvitae or two.  Once the trees are removed, our neighbors will be in shock and ah.  In doesn't make sense to me to plant anything along one side of our yard.  Our neighbor is putting in a new fence in a couple of weeks. After the new fence is in, we can then contemplate, with professional help, what plant/tree makes the most sense along the fence line.

Happy Sunday.

P
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti and Jeff! I wanted to let you know what an incredible surprise it was to my daughter Samantha to have received such a thoughtful wedding gift from you two! Given that she has not ever met you, she was doubly appreciative of the lovely wine-themed picnic basket! She and her new husband Josh will most certainly make good use of it because they are outdoor-type folks, and are wine lovers! You hit the nail on the head with this gift... you have amazing insight! Sam will most definitely be communicating with you soon. Thank you very much for your thoughtfulness! - Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, Jeff and I are so happy to hear that Samantha and her husband liked our wedding gift. I thought back to our wedding presents, and remembered that we had received a picnic basket as a gift. Patti

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...