Sunday, July 8, 2018

Television To Watch

7/8/2018

Last night, Jeff and I watched an Amazon show called "A Very English Scandal".  This show is based on a true story.  Hugh Grant plays a high ranking member of Parliament. He is very successful in his career, but enjoys the "company" of young men.

The show starts with Jonathan Thorpe (Hugh Grant), befriending a young man, and I am sure you all know what I'm talking about.

After the relationship is over, at least for Thorpe, the young man simply won't go away quietly.  He wants to be heard, and throughout the series, makes every attempt to get in touch with Thorpe.  Not to spoil the show, which was excellent, Thorpe engages in various ways to make the young man go away.  This included a botched murder attempt, among other things.

Eventually, Thorpe is brought up on charges. And, I'm not going spoil the ending for you. You'll have to watch it for yourself.

As with many series, if you wait too long to watch the next episode, you, meaning me, have trouble remembering where we left off.  This is why a lot of people binge watch.  Jeff and I were enjoying the show "24", but a lot of time has passed since we watched it.  To continue to watch the show now, will mean that we'll have to find the episode we last watched, just to jog our memory.

This afternoon, I will record the week's television shows to watch.  Some of the recorded shows, won't be ones Jeff will want to watch - cooking shows for example.  I love these shows, but try and watch them when he's occupied somewhere else. I'm such a good wife! (insert smiley face here).

Watching television and reading, are two things that I can do, without the help of others.  Walking and standing - not so much.  

When I was at the book warehouse, I bought myself a kit to make beaded bracelets.  I might today, get out the kit and see if I can follow directions (always a challenge for me), and make something, not necessarily beautiful, but perhaps cute.

Have a great day.

P

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...