Thursday, July 19, 2018

Things on Thursday

7/19/2018

Well, two things are going to happen today, one more enjoyable than the other!  Part one of my afternoon, is a trip to the oral surgeon, to have two teeth taken out.  Since both teeth are on the bottom, chewing some food might be interesting.  A good diet anyone?

The other part of my day is Jeff picking up Benjamin to stay with us until Sunday.  Jeff's trip scheduled for this weekend has been canceled, so it's possible that Jeff could drive Benjamin and I to the movies. Who doesn't love a movie, popcorn, soda, and generally milk duds (for Benjamin).  

Benjamin is going to love the new chair in the den. It's super comfy and he will probably sprawl in it, while he and I watch numbing movies.  Shrek anyone?  I've seen Shrek movies so many times, that I swear I could repeat the dialogue. Benjamin and I play the same game whenever he comes to stay. He goes to the bookcase, looking for a movie to watch. I "scream" lightly, that I'll watch anything but Shrek. Benjamin, of course, pulls out a Shrek movie.  It's a game that he and I love playing. It isn't necessary for me to actually watch the movie with him, I just have to been in the den with him. Oh, the things we grandma's will do for their grandchildren!  Truly blessed to have Benjamin in our lives.

At breakfast, we watched Steven Cobert (sp) show that was recorded last night.  His monologue was great and right on point.  Of course, some of the things that have happened in our world lately, could cause a person to be nauseated!  Anyway, it was very entertaining. Just saying.   

Maybe on Jeff's way home with Benjamin, he might stop and buy me a milk shake. I'll be an "invalid" this afternoon, and the sick should be comforted. 😋 

Off to get dressed and to make sure that Benjamin's bedroom is ready.  He like to have his stuffed animals, his light-up globe and today I'll put a flashlight in his bed, because he likes to read before he goes to sleep.  And, the reading before sleeping, I understand.

I might not be around tomorrow, I'll just have to see.

Image result for picture of milkshake
P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...