Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Cooking and Baking

7/3/2018

While Ada comes today and cleans the house, I and/or Jeff (but primarily Jeff) will be making potato salad and apple dump it cake for tomorrow.

When it comes to baking, I seem to have lost my "mojo".  I don't read the recipe right, or I leave out an ingredient, "minor" stuff like that.  (Insert smiley face here).  So, when it comes to the "heavy lifting" of baking and/or cooking, unfortunately that job seems to now be in Jeff's wheelhouse.

Jeff cooked the potatoes last night.  My job today is to cut them into smaller pieces, chop celery using my handy slice and dice device.  I can also cut up the eggs.  After that, Jeff will add the pickle relish and mayo, and then voila we'll have potato salad. 

The dump it cake is super easy.  Two cups of this, two cups of that, apple pie filling and bake.  Jeff may make the cake tonight, or he'll have time tomorrow.

Yesterday, in a burst of energy (shocking I know), I went into one of the spare rooms, and began picking up random toys and putting them in the toy box.  Filing some papers and tossing others. You can actually walk through the room, without breaking your leg!  This is progress people. I also went through my books, and some of them I'll take out to Andrew's house tonight. Stacey will give those books to her friend, and hopefully I will in time get some books in return.

I "may" tackle the other spare room today.  That room is sort of a dumping ground for my clothes.  These are clothes that generally don't fit, because they are too small.  (Grumpy face here).

This is the bedroom where Benjamin sleeps.  I need to pick up all the bits and pieces, so that there is actually room to walk around the bed.   

Tonight, we're going to watch fireworks with Andrew et al.  Tomorrow, lunch/dinner at Scott's house.  Since when we go to Scott's house, it is generally a long visit, we'll be taking the girls with us.

Even though it's super sunny outside, I have turned on my "SAD" light.  With the back of the house, which faces west, the blinds are closed.  Being in the "dark", is not good for me mentally, and heaven knows I can use all the help I can get!

If you don't see a blog from me tomorrow, don't panic, I'll for sure be back on the 5th.

P

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...