Friday, July 20, 2018

Thursday Post-Op

7/20/2018

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff took me to the oral surgeon to have two teeth pulled.  I was under the impression, and I was wrong, that I would be lightly sedated.  Ha.  Nope, just going to bite the "silver bullet" (just a figure of speech), and with both sides of my face numb, the surgeon got to the business of doing his job.  I wasn't in actual pain, but the pressure needed by the surgeon to take the teeth out was unpleasant, to say the least. I would yesterday's experience, right up there with delivering a baby the natural way!

Jeff brought me home, before going out to get Benjamin.  I took a pain pill and put ice packs on both sides of my face.  I also turned on some mind numbing television show.  I tend to nap better, if I fall asleep watching television.  

When Jeff got home, he made me scrambled eggs, which I was able to eat, because they are a soft food. This morning I had waffles, also pretty soft and an extra benefit, tasty too!

By the way, Benjamin loves the new chair we bought.  We turned it to face the television, so that he wouldn't get a crooked neck. Pop Tarts, lightly toasted, for breakfast, along with milk (the white kind).  

Today, will be a day of rest for me. I can read a book while Benjamin is watching a movie, and/or fall asleep, which is always a bonus!

Hopieng (feels like a spelling error) to take Benjamin either tomorrow or Sunday, to see Hotel Transylvania.  Jeff will have to drive us to the theater and then pick us up.  There's no way I'm going to be able to drive, at least for the time being.

The neighbor whose house sits above ours, is redoing his deck.  This doesn't excite me much, but what does excite me, is that he is putting up lattice on the side of the deck, facing our house. When, he's barbecuing, it makes me feel uncomfortable, if I'm in the backyard for one reason or another.

Ultimately, I think the plan is to take out all of the Leland Cypress trees, which are 32 years old and super tall.  Once the trees are gone, then we can decide, with the help of an arborist, or some other company, to put new trees, shrubs, etc. in their place. I may not have all the facts straight, but I think that's the goal for the backyard.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...