Sunday, July 22, 2018

Saturday Fun

7/22/2018

Yesterday, Mother Nature served us up rain.  Not a bit of rain, but the kind that comes down hard and fast.  Just as we set off for the movie, the heavens opened up.  And, just getting from the car into the theater, Benjamin and I got wet.  But, as Jeff always says, that since I'm not out of sugar, we won't melt!

First, you buy the tickets - $22.00, and then you just HAVE to go to the concession stand.  They have a deal where it's a little box and it comes with a small amount of popcorn, a drink and a bag of gummy-like candy.  Since I'm not supposed to eat anything with nuts, I opted instead for m&m's, which I knew I could melt. By the time we were seated, I had spent an equivalent amount of money for a down payment on a car!  Not really, but you get the idea.

The theater wasn't crowded, and Benjamin and I had a wide selection of seats to choose from. We watched the preview of movies coming, and for the most part, Benjamin wants to see ALL of them. 

Hotel Transylvania was funny, and both of us enjoyed ourselves immensely.  When the movie was over, Jeff was waiting at the curb. Instead of going home, he remained in the area of the theater, and had his Ipad with him.

After we got home, Jeff went to his office to do some work. Benjamin and I watched some silly movie.  Actually, he watched the movie, and I did some reading.  I have books, upon books, to read, both the paper kind and the Kindle kind.

After dinner, Benjamin and I watched the movie "The Greatest Show on Earth", which I didn't realize was somewhat of a musical.  Benjamin loved the music, and so he swirled around and around.  I am not bothered by the television being on, and Benjamin either dancing, singing, or playing with his cars. I guess that's a MomMom thing!

This morning, for breakfast, Benjamin had chocolate frosted flakes. I ate one, and it was really good.  I'm going to send Benjamin home with a bag of cereal, and I'll keep some here as well.

I have a part of our dining room table, and I know it has a name, but for the life of me I can't remember.  Anyway, yesterday, Benjamin took that wooden piece, propped it up on a chair, and it made a most excellent way for him to race his cars. 

Rain is predicted for today, but at the moment, it's sunny and bright outside. The rain will come this afternoon, and it looks like we will have rain all week. This is good for the grass and ducks, but if I have to be out in weather, I prefer snow to rain.

I'm off to do the shower/get dressed/make the bed stuff.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...