Friday, August 10, 2018

Gift Giving

8/10/2018

All of you who know me well, and that is, for the most part everybody, then also knows that Christmas just doesn't sneak up on me.  Nope. I just checked and there are only 137 days until Christmas!

Egads, I know that many of you are still on vacation, or working on that summer tan (and we all know by now that tanned skin - particularly legs makes you feel and look great)! But, some of us, actually perhaps just myself, avoid being in the sun too much. I have more than enough "wisdom" spots, and I don't need to acquire any new ones.  Besides, how much wisdom does a person really need?

I've gotten a bit off track.  Anyway, back to Christmas. I like Christmas, but when the boys were young, I LOVED Christmas. The joy of buying the right toys, and the excitement of "what's in that box", made many Christmas memories for Jeff and myself.

Knowing that there are so few "shopping" days left before the big day, I've already started checking out websites, Etsy for one, looking for just the right gift(s) for people on my list! Yesterday, I was very successful in finding four items for four different family members, that would make excellent gifts. These days, I think I actually enjoy the "HUNT" for gifts. I've not been in a mall for years, so I pretty much rely on shopping on line.  Truthfully, pretty much anything and everything you want, can be bought through a website.  Amazon anyone?

I strive for unique items. I mean anybody can buy a new shirt, tie, perfume, and the list goes on ad-nauseam (I think I spelt it right). If not, you get the general idea.

Of course, after buying the PERFECT gifts, then I have two dilemmas: (1) stick the gift in a bag, and add tissue paper; or (2) actually WRAP the gift. I don't know if any of you have been on the receiving end of something I've wrapped. If not, then I can assure you that you'll never have the experience of (a) uneven edges; and (b) more tape on the box, that could easily wrap two boxes! Last year, Stacey (DIL), was kind enough to come to the house and wrap some presents for me. Any presents she wrapped, looked fabulous. Mine? Not so much. The boys actually couldn't care less about wrapping - put something inside the dreaded shirt box, use a magic marker on top to identify the recipient, oh and back to that tape thing, tape the box securely. I mean you wouldn't want the top to come off and give them advance notice that there is clothing inside.

I have long held the belief that buying gift cards, was a cop out for me. Practical and enjoyable? Yes, but I get no awe when the gift is opened. I'm always shooting for that awe factor, which makes me feel good inside. 

So, in my spare time, and I admit I have a lot of it, it's just that I don't want to actually do laundry and the dishes (boring). And, likely sometime this weekend, I will continue my hunting. I haven't bought anything yet, after all there is still time!

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...