Thursday, August 30, 2018

Happenings

8/30/2018

Yesterday, the landscape folks were back out to grind down a few stumps. With the right tools, the job doesn't take too long. I did feel sorry for the workers, because it was super hot outside. You know that when you are in the house with a/c, it's hard to believe it's hot outside.  Ah, but then you open the front door, and it feels like the fires of hell.  Quick, get back inside! I'm like the witch in "Wizard of Oz", who just melted away. That would, of course, be one way to diet, but I don't recommend it.

Okay, the day progresses. Stacey called and asked if she and Benjamin could come and visit. I don't get many - or truthfully - any visits. So, I was thrilled that they were coming to the house.

I had sent Stacey a copy of an art project, that involves wrapping toilet paper in cloth to make a pumpkin. This, of course, means that you definitely have to buy more toilet paper, for it's normal purpose.

Here are the directions for making these pumpkins, if you want to give it a try:


 Place the toilet paper roll in the middle of the fabric. Wrap the edges of the fabric up and into the toilet paper roll. Repeat until all of the fabric is tucked in. The fabric will hold itself in place!

Add cinnamon sticks or twigs/branches

Stick in a couple green leaves, if you want. I wanted to include a picture, but I'm occasionally, or always picture challenged!  Sometimes, you just can't teach an old dog - or woman!

My visit with Stacey and Benjamin was a nice long one. After our "arts and crafts" session, I played the last episode of "Bachelor in Paradise". The show should be called "Kiss and Tell". The men and women on the show, kiss somebody (apparently, a requirement), and then immediately turn around and confess to somebody else. And, then the whole circle begins again. They are looking for "love", but if that's the goal, then, in my humble opinion", should stick with one person. I am, a "bit" old fashioned I know.  And, of course, what we don't see is left to your imagination.

My blog is doing something wonky, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Apparently, I am challenged in more than one area! 

I didn't sleep well last night, and that tends to leave me cranky. So, what will probably happen this afternoon, I'll get in my recliner, find some mind numbing show, and drift off. Likely, with Daisy in my lap! Newer technology just doesn't "click" with me.

I'm to close for now, because I can't stand the large blank areas that I'm seeing - I don't know how to fix them. Maybe, when my readers, read my blog the blank spaces will be gone.

Enjoy your day.


P









No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...