Friday, August 24, 2018

A Beautiful Morning

8/24/2018

Remember the song from the movie Oklahoma? Well, maybe some of you do, but there was a song about a beautiful morning. And, today reminds me of that song.

The only thing marring my/our day is a trip to the dentist this afternoon. I'm having another procedure done (can't remember how many I have!) on one of the holes in my mouth. As much as I love corn on the cob, there won't be any of that in my future. You actually need TEETH, in order to enjoy that tasty vegetable. And, with at the moment, three empty spaces in my mouth, I wouldn't be able to adequately eat that type of corn. Corn, for me at the moment, comes in a bag, that goes into the freezer, and waits for me to come and rescue said bag.

We're going to bring Bella with us this afternoon, and after the dentist, I have suggested to Jeff that, since it's a "top down day", we drive and make left and right turns and wander through the countryside. No destination in mind, just get me out of the house for awhile.

I had my hair cut short last week, so I don't even to really bother about the wind messing me up. I will, however, carry a comb. Bella will now get into the car easily, and once she has sniffed a certain amount of air, actually relaxes enough to lay down in the backseat.With her service dog vest (in training) vest on, she behaves beautifully. We are trying to expose her to as many places and people that we can. 

My left arm hurts like the dickens (where that word came from, I don't know. I'm trying to avoid pain pills, but very early this morning, I took a pill, so that I could fall asleep. The pill worked, and I slept very well afterwards.

Since typing is one of those things where I need to use my left arm, I'll keep this short. Apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...