Saturday, August 4, 2018

Partial New Fence

8/4/2018

It's Saturday and the fence project is finished. Our new fence piece looks fantastic. The men doing the work were able to finish our neighbor's yard in one day.

Jeff has given one of the men a side job to replace our two gates next Saturday.  So, more men/man working around the house!

The challenge yesterday was keeping the girls inside, or taking them out for potty breaks on a leash. Neither of the girls know and/or won't go to the bathroom on command. We took them out several times yesterday and then just gave up and kept them in the house, and hoped for the best.




At one point, Jeff took the girls off leash and set them free.  So, they had a bit of a "walk about". We left the garage door open, as well as our laundry room door.  It wasn't very long, before they returned. After closing the doors, they each got a treat.
 

Once our section of fence was completed, the girls were down the stairs, and out in the yard like speeding bullets!

What's happening today, schedule wise, is up in the air. Picking up Benjamin? Not picking up Benjamin? Mowing Andrew's lawn? The one thing that absolutely has to happen today, is a trip to Jeff's favorite stores, to buy the food that we're taking to the airport tomorrow. The plan, at least in my head, was that Benjamin would come and stay at our house until Tuesday. Stacey is coming up on Monday, for our trip to the nail place. I will be on only clear liquids on Monday, so think of the weight I will lose! Just kidding, of course.

After the procedure Tuesday morning, I will be like a hungry hippo, and I don't exactly know where that particular saying came from. Maybe it's just a phrase I heard as a child.  Who knows? Can't remember.

Since Stacey will be sleeping over on Monday night, because we have to be at the hospital early on Tuesday, I decided that the sheets and bedspread needed to be washed.  That chore is done. Now, I just have to make the bed, and put all of Benjamin's stuffed animals, and lighting globes, on the dresser for now. These are his treasures, and he has all of them in bed with him when he sleeps over.

Jeff made the macaroni salad we're taking tomorrow. I participated - I cooked the shells - a very important job, and one that I can more or less handle. This morning, I will finish cleaning up the kitchen, which is something that I can DO, and with the exception of the odd pieces of plastic dishes as well as some silverware left behind, I do a good job. Okay, I THINK I do a good job.

It's going to be hot tomorrow, so I think I'll bring a hat, and also one for Benjamin. I'm bringing my rollator, so if there aren't enough chairs, I will at least be guaranteed one.  OCD planning.

Happy Saturday everyone.

P



 

 

4 comments:

  1. It was great to see you Patti at our plane-cleaning event! Thanks for your company and yours and Jeff's contributions to the great cookout. And I think that Benjamin had a good time with his big-brother-for-the day... Eric.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Benjamin and I were very "productive" as far as the plane goes, but I can tell you that Benjamin loved sticking his head in the bucket! He enjoyed spending time with Eric.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Missy. One question - do I personally know you, but with a different name. Love that you're following me, it makes writing a daily blog worthwhile. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words Missy. Please don't stop reading and/or commenting on my blog. I really enjoy knowing that what I write people are reading! Makes me feel very good. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...