Sunday, August 12, 2018

It's Sunday

8/12/2018

What can you say about Sunday? Well, depending on how you view your week, it's either the end or start of a week. When I was working, I always thought of Sunday as the end of the week. Why? Because I dreaded/hated Mondays. Probably because Friday seemed so far away.

Today's plans for me are the same ones I have been yapping about all week. I've already tidied up the kitchen, thank you very much. Laundry needs to be folded, but I have no interest in doing so. What, I need (absolutely need) to do, is go into the bowels of the house (i.e., basement), and take the shop vac and suck the dog hair off of the basement stairs. Will the world stop spinning if I don't do this? Nope. But, in the OCD world that I live in, untidy is just not my thing. I do, however, allow Bella to scrounge around in the plastic clothes basket to look for just the right bone, etc. to chew on. After a bit, the den floor looks more like a cemetery, and a fall hazard as well.  It doesn't matter how many times I put the bones back, by the end of the day, more than a few have found their way back to the floor. I don't think I have to worry about someone breaking in, because without prior knowledge of the bones and chews, they would likely fall, and with our luck, break a leg. 

My friend is coming today to pick up the changing table that we bought for her a week ago. She wanted a changing table with drawers for her house, when the baby comes to stay with her. I think the changing table is in pretty good shape, and I hope she things so too. 

Gloomy day outside, and you know that gloomy is not the best weather for me. As I write, my "SAD" light is on, not trying to cheer me up exactly, but to keep me from plummeting downward. 

I continue to "tweak" my office, by adding more family pictures, as well as some of my favorite treasures. Most of my favorite things are made from glass, and I find this room to be most pleasant. I don't spend hours upon hours in this room, (unless I'm doing some 'shopping') for future gifts. But, when I am in here, I want my room to be fairly free of clutter (that OCD thing again), and I try to keep up with my filing (EOB's, pharmacy receipts, etc.), as well as shredding. Since we shred almost anything with out name on it, the shred bucket can fill up in a hurry. I try to empty said bucket on a Tuesday, so that if I do happen to make a bit of a mess, Ada comes on Wednesday. Good planning on my part! 

After my friend comes, I can then go into the basement (and who knows may never return), and get "dirty". Even, after I wash my hands, I still feel a bit grimy.

Time for me to move on. After all, I have a whole week of television shows to add to the Tivo. It's super hard being a couch potato!

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...