Sunday, June 23, 2019

Chalk and Dinner

6/23/2019

I know that most of you, are wondering what the title is all about. If I were in your shoes, I know I'd be curious. Just the title alone, gives nothing away!

First, the chalk. I have for some time now, wondered what I would look like if my hair was completely gray. If I remember correctly, my mother had to eventually dye her hair gray (mind you, I could be wrong about this), but that's what I'm thinking.

Oh, back to gray hair. There are a number of products available that are either (a) semi-permanent dye; or, if you are really willing to commit - permanent.

Both of those options seemed a bit scary to me. What if I did you use a permanent hair color, I would have to live with it for sometime. I, am just curious how would I look with gray hair? You see these women, all of whom have such beautiful gray or white hair. Natural? Um, hard to say.

I am, a bit of a "commitment" phoebe, and sometimes (actually most of the time) have trouble pulling the trigger. And, changing my hair color, though I want to do so, don't want to make a mistake that I'll have to live with for a period of time.

Solution? Hair chalk. Yes, that is really a thing. Hair chalk comes out the first time you shampoo, which definitely caught my attention. I bought a package of "combs" that each have a different color in the comb. The package arrived yesterday, and I was so excited. There was silver, gold, green, violet, blue, orange, red and teal colors. I couldn't wait to give these colored combs a try. My hair is quite dark. First, I tried out the gray comb (duh, since that was what I was going for initially). A dismissal result. The gold color wasn't very effective either. But, purple really did stand out in my hair. Trouble is, Jeff is not a fan of purple. 

These comb colors, wash out with just one shampoo. That sounded perfect to me. And, though the colors I tried didn't do much for me, it was fun. I think the colors will work better for Benjamin and Stacey. Anyway, it was so much fun. Since I didn't get the result, color wise, that I was looking for, I'll probably have to make a commitment to a more semi-permanent dye. I'm just curious, and I don't think it will be a life changing event. Even semi-permanent dye, washes out after several shampoos. Benjamin would like to have red hair, and I suspect that the red chalk will really show up in his light hair. But, for me, I think I'm going to have to get more aggressive with hair dye. I don't know who the old Patti was, but the new Patti, watches baseball and football and wants to color her hair. Talk about walking on the wild side!

Last night, Jeff took Bella and I out for dinner. We went to a local restaurant, where for years, ate there weekly. We wanted to sit outside, which we did, but not before the hostess said that they didn't allow dogs. We explained "kindly" enough, that Bella was a service dog, and that she wouldn't even notice her there. I was willing to go to the mat, to fight for Bella's presence. Once seated, Bella simply laid down at my feet, and, with the exception of the people next to us, nobody even knew she was there. Which is the way a service dog is supposed to behave.

Jeff is off for his weekly shop. He says that I have to go along, even though I don't want to. I know that a ride in his car will be very refreshing, but once at the stores, I'm stuck in those stupid little riding carts. 

Closing for now, have to get myself ready to go.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...