Thursday, June 13, 2019

Yesterday

6/13/2019

I told you already that Benjamin, Stacey and I were going to spend most of the day together. And, like all of the times we are together, we had a lot of fun. 

We kicked off the day with haircuts for myself and Benjamin. Both of us looked good when we left the barber shop. In years past, oh let's say 30+, I went to an actual beauty shop, and had the owner work magic (more or less) on my hair. I think I did this because I have a deep sense of loyalty. When I was working, my haircuts were frequent. Now, that I'm retired, not so much. The barber did a good job on my hair, shortened it up a bit and thinned out the hair on the top. Basically, I told the barber, that I wanted to be able to wash my hair, dry it, and then "fluff" it. A no nonsense "do".

After getting the top of our heads done, we went to the nail salon, where Stacey and I had some waxing done, as well as pedicures. Stacey put some glitter on top of her nail polish, which looked quite good. Me? Since I can't reach my feet, I always just get clear polish. When it starts to wear off, nobody will notice, not even myself.

Lunch was at the usual favorite fast food place - McDonald's. We noticed that there was a sign above the table that said "30 minutes only". We were puzzled about the sign, but shortly after we had sat down, we got the "picture". The restaurant (I guess you could call it that), was inundated with high school students. I've got nothing about teenagers, but once they were inside, the volume was so loud, that the three of us just stopped talking. It was easier that way. And heaven help you, if you wanted an ice cream cone, for instance, which I did.

Benjamin was kind enough to stand in a long line of students to order my cone. Wouldn't it have been nice if the teenagers, would move him to the front of the line? It would have been nice, but didn't happen.

And, I'm somewhat of a prude. I have never seen so many jeans pulled down closer to the "nether region", and underwear pulled up to be on the top of the jeans. I really don't want to see somebody's underwear - lacy or not. Truly showing my age, I was taught that somethings should just be covered. One look at the way women wear their clothing today, and I can see, and you can too, that the mode of dressing is far from modest!

Once back at home, Stacey and Benjamin planted some Iris bulbs for next year. Both of them take such good care of me, that a lot of the time, I can't find something that I could do for them.

Today, it's gloomy outside. Raining and perhaps thunderstorms later today. Lawn was mowed yesterday, so everything outside, including the weeds, that unfortunately have sprung up, are all green. 

I had one personal trainer company send me the document to be signed before I could start my sessions. The document is arduous at best. It is filled up with you have 30 days to do this. And 45 days to do that. They also want to do automatic renewals, which I absolutely don't want.  

Knowing all of that, I may be in the market for a different trainer. We'll see.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...