Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Oops - Forgot to blog yesterday - apologies

6/5/2019

What a wonderful day I had yesterday. Wendy, Stacey and Benjamin took me out for a "play date." These two beautiful daughters-in-law and Benjamin stopped whatever they had going on in their busy lives, to take me to lunch. Oh, and shopping too! My world generally consists of Costco and WalMart. With the exception of Michael's, and Target, I haven't been in any other stores for years. 

Lovely lunch looking over the water. I was wondering what I was going to eat. But, then I landed on a cheeseburger, and it was yummy, all four or five bites of it. My french fries I gave to Benjamin. It's hard to maintain your diet when you eat out. 

After lunch, we stopped and bought Ben and Jerry's ice cream. It was a hot day, and even though my ice cream was in a cup, it melted fast. And, that's how my pants (which I proudly can now wear) ended up with drips of chocolate ice cream on them. Challenge today is to soak the pants and use soap and elbow grease to hopefully remove the stains.  Fingers crossed.

In my visit with a personal trainer last week, he told me that the shoes I was wearing, shouldn't be worn outside. Great. The real problem is, that after all the nonsense over the last few years, my right is now wider and longer. The shoes that are in my closet, don't really fit me anymore. 

We stopped at a shoe store, and trying on multiple pairs of shoes, in several different sizes, and a few frustrated tears on my part, I found a shoe that really fits the right foot, and the left foot will just come along for the ride!

I see nothing in the upcoming months, that will allow this stupid foot to shrink! Can that happen? I'm not sure. If I have the part of my spine simulator surgically removed, I will then be able to have a MRI test for my right foot and leg. There's definitely something wrong, unless it's just a condition of old age, and I don't want that to be the answer. But, frustrated with the many different approaches I have gone through over the last few years, I want/need answers. Am I going to have to live with this stupid foot for the rest of my days? Horrors. 

My new shoes that I believe have enough "tread" on them to be used outside, are also tie shoes. I was hesitant to buy them, but Stacey said that there was a solution. And, sure enough, a quick search with Amazon, showed me this little device that you put your laces in somehow, and then after putting your shoes on, you pull on this thing, and the laces tighten up. Sense when it comes to doing new things, I can generally manage to "muss" things up. And, this is where Jeff comes in!

My car, which I hope, nope scratch that, will drive again is back home after some mechanical work. While I'm not driving, I suggested to Jeff that we buy a cover for the car, that will allow the car to stay clean and not subjected to our weather system.

Back tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...