Friday, June 21, 2019

Questions/Ansers

6/21/2019

Jeff and I enjoyed watching "reality" shows. One of our newest shows is "Guardians of the Glades". A group of hunters, if you will, search the everglades looking for pythons. Apparently, there is an abundance of phythons in the water. After Hurricane Andrew, these nasty beasties (sp) made their way to the glades. 

Now, there are hunters roaming the waters of the Glades, looking for these monsters. One of the hunters doesn't even wear shoes! I keep thinking that in doing so, it's dangerous for this man. But, he doesn't seem to care. Once they catch a python, the snake is put in a cloth bag, and headed for their last hurrah.

Okay, now my question is, and who knows you may know the answer - how do the hunters know how a which snake is female. My search tells me that the female snakes are larger than a male, let's hear it for the girls, and more docile than the male counterpart. Mind you, whatever type of python out there can easily eat a person who is about 4 foot high, and weighs between 70-90 pounds. Since I weigh more than that, I guess, I would be safe (again not comforting) from being swallowed whole. This is not a theory that I intend to ever put to the test. 

Records show that the largest animal consumed was a 130 pound Impala (nope, not the car)!! Can you say take an antacid pill.

We also watch "Homestead Rescue", which we enjoy, but feel sorry for the homesteaders who need to be rescued. These people in need, are helped by Marty Raney and two of his children. While we watch, even Jeff and I can see the challenges people have when living off the "grid" so to speak.

Happy Weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...