Thursday, June 6, 2019

Celebrating

6/6/2019

Elvis has left the building - oops I mean Trump! It's a mistake that almost anyone can or could make. And, for now he is safely oversea, but folks he's going to return. He may be gone, but he continues to twitter his thoughts, and if you thought my blogs can sometimes meander, his do as well. Okay, enough about him. You know that I try to steer away from politics. So, that's all I have to say on the matter. 

Moving on. Today, is the birthday of my soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Wendy. I can't begin to tell you what a difference she has made in Scott's life. And, Jeff and I are very happy that she loves and cares for him. Scott, is coming out of his shell, if you will, and it's a wonderful thing to see. A mother couldn't ask for more. Since I didn't have a daughter of my own, I consider Wendy and Stacey to be my daughters now. And, I couldn't be happier. As a bonus, Wendy has a daughter, and I, at long last, get to buy presents for a "pink" child. Such fun. I will have to admit, that buying for a girl, is a bit out of my league, but I'm trying my best, truly I am.

Today, after worrying about whether I was just being an old person when it comes to memory, I'm having a brain scan (such fun) to see what's up there.  My neighbor asked me if I really wanted to know if there was anything wrong - dementia, etc. I told her yes. My short term memory is pretty much in the toilet, and has been since 2013. Jeff will tell me something, and if I "turn around", I've already forgotten what he said. Of course, I could and often do, write down, for instance, like writing a grocery list. Once on paper, lots of times I truly don't remember where I put the list. This is all maddening to me, and frustrating for Jeff. But, assuredly I really am doing my best. Trust me, I don't intentionally try Jeff's patience, but I do. And, I understand how tiring that can be.

Signing off for now. More tomorrow.

P







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...