Monday, June 3, 2019

A Wonderful Day Outside

6/3/2018

Yesterday afternoon, Mother Nature opened up the heavens and poured rain and what my Grandmother used to call it, when I was young "simply potatoes in the sky falling out of their basket". Well, if she was looking for a really, terrible day in the neighborhood, then she succeeded. 

The sky turned an ominous green and later some shade of yellow, before all our weather stopped. Definitely, the rain is good at this time of year, as it is essential for new grass to grow. On the other hand, it also helps out weeds - which we can do without.

I've been following Trump's visit to England. Surely, he must have been schooled in the way to great the Queen. Alas, I guess he wasn't such a good student. Firstly, he walked before the Queen, and that's just not done. It's something that I thought everybody knew about, but apparently not.

There will be a royal banquet at the Palace sometime during Trump's visit. Interesting face - before setting the table, "servants", I guess you could call them that, walk on the dining room table wearing socks of some kind or another. Once the table has been set, the Queen comes down to inspect the room and gives her seal of approval, and sometimes perhaps not. 

Normally, when the Queen is finished with her meal, it means that the dinner is over. Knowing this, the Queen apparently tries to eat slowly, so that the guests can finish their meal. But, once she's done eating, so are you. Some of Trump's favorite foods: Diet Coke, Taco Bowls, Big Macs and Fried Chicken for starters. I guess, you have already figured out that none of these foods or drink will be served at the state dinner. Bummer for Trump.

When Dad and I went to England many years ago, ice wasn't routinely served with cold beverages. We had to ask for ice, and when the ice arrived, it generally consisted of one or two cubes. 

In our hotel room, our "breakfast" (scones, orange juice and I'm sure something else) was put outside our door at night. Dad and I would open the window and put the orange juice on the ledge, to hopefully chill it enough for the morning. Luckily, we didn't have any juice fall over the side. That would be messy, to say the least.

I'm sure what foods will be served at the State Dinner, are some foods I will never even heard of. Fancy foods you know. Names hard to pronounce. but be sure that what ever is served, will be served with perfection. Whether Trump will be impressed, is hard to say.

Our dinner tonight is likely to be meatloaf and baked potatoes.

Image result for picture of dining room for state dinner in england
P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...