Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sunday - Resting

6/9/2019

This Sunday, like all the Sundays that went before, I take the TV Guide and select the shows coming up in the next week. While this would be a chore for some people, as well as never done. Since I don't get out much, I love watching television.

Each documentary show that I watch, gives me some history about ancient things. Like the ruins of some ancient, long forgotten cities. The host asks questions, such as - where did the cities go, what happened to the people, and stuff like that.

I find each show very entertaining. Problem is, that most of the older episodes have been "captured" by Amazon. Those episodes are not free, and I think that it's a shame. You have to pay for each individual season. The cost isn't very high, but I sort of dig my heels in, and refuse to buy each episode for $2.99 and up. I know that cost is very minimal, but it feels like to me, that I'm being held hostage, if I want to watch that show.

I'm looking on Ebay hoping to find an entire season for sale. If the price wasn't too high, I, most likely would buy the DVDs.

I know I'm not alone with watching episodes of your favorite show. I also know, that I, in particular are going to pay Amazon for each and every episode. 

But not to worry. I'm very good at searching for shows, etc. All I have to do now is deciding which episode(s) I am willing to pay for.

Jeff, Bella and I (reluctantly) are going out for the weekly "shop". While the day gets away, and we do our shopping later in the afternoon/evening, but today we're going to go early this afternoon.

Have a restful day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...