Monday, June 24, 2019

Lazy Sunday

6/24/2019

The three of us, Jeff, Bella and myself (bringing up the rear), went for our weekly shop. I had some very specific items I thought we needed, and possibly wanted. The wanting stuff was minimal, because the pantry and freezer don't need any more stuff.

At WalMart, we also did minimal shopping, and Bella performed beautifully. Our biggest problem, is how many people want to pet her. I know the joy she brings to us, but Jeff and I don't want to let people pet her. She is at "work" and should remain focused.  I do find it difficult to tell people not to pet her, because to my ears, sounds a bit, for lack of a better word - rude?

Once home, with very few groceries to put away, we ate pizza (our Sunday meal), and watched a baseball game. I can now, almost watch a game without nodding off! So, what's a snooze between friends? Based on our nap schedule, the remote goes back and forth between Jeff and I.

If I'm in my recliner, it isn't long before I feel (if I'm napping) the weight of Daisy on my lap. She can, and often does, stay on your lap long enough that you have to sort of push her off. And, I don't like doing that, because sleeping on my lap is one of the best traits of Daisy.

I can't believe it, but today is an appointment free day. Pretty much every day starting tomorrow, there is something on the calendar. Unfortunately, these dates, are for therapy, dentist, and other yuck stuff. 

There is a possibility that Stacey and Benjamin will come to the house on Wednesday. I think we could either go (a) to the water park, which would be a lot of fun for both of them. Me? I don't do water so much, and I really and truly don't like to be splashed. Option (b) would go to a child friendly movie. In my heart, I know that Benjamin and Stacey would have a good time at a water park. I can sit out, for most of the time. Maybe, dabble my toes in the shallow end.

Either way, I'll get to spend the day with one set of my favorite people. If Wendy and Elly are at Scott's house, I'll check to see if they would like to come along. If Elly is up here, then Benjamin would have a friend to play with and splash water on!

Last week, on one of my more ambitious days, went into one of the spare rooms, and worked in there for several hours. I put books away, and company binders on the shelf as well. I found some smaller size clothes, that I'm going to try on to see if they fit. If they do, then there's no "real" reason to buy new clothes. Of course, need and want are completely two different things, as far as women are concerned.

I guess today, I'll return to that room, and make it user friendly (i.e., pick up everything that's on the floor - don't ask) and put things away.  I have made a small stash of things in the hall, that now need a new home!

Once this room is straightened out, then I have another spare room to tackle. Now, if I get these two rooms clean, then all I have to do, is keep them tidy. The other spare room is where Benjamin sleeps, and there is less clutter in there. I will confess, though, that I've dumped clothes on the bed, for sorting. I can't begin to tell you how great it feels to find clothes that are too big. I'm not planning on donating these clothes, and hope that I will never need any of these clothes, but just in case I do.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...