Friday, June 14, 2019

Personal Trainer

6/14/2019

Today, starts day one of my adventure (?) with a personal trainer. I had tried to use a trainer that would come to the house, but the two trainers that came to the house, weren't a good fit for me.

Last night, while doing physical therapy on my shoulders (of course), Jeff signed me up for 10 private training lessons. No contract - yeah. Just pay for the sessions, and you're done. 

I've been going to this group for physical therapy for a long time, and going there is almost like meeting up with friends. Everyone knows Bella, and while we don't let people pet her, she does wag her tail constantly when someone comes up to talk to Jeff. 

I think of her as a training "mascot", she's been going there for so long. Some of you may remember the tv show "Cheers", where everybody knew your name. Bella is kind of like that.

Today, is my evaluation to basically see what I need help with - does everything in my body count! I'm not asking for much, core strength, the ability to get off the floor by myself when I've fallen. Balance and oh what the heck - endurance as well. Not looking for a body builder look, just a body that can do things - um like walking for instance.

My fear is, that if I don't get in shape, I won't be able to do things on my bucket list: take a cruise, go to Hawaii, visit Italy, road trip with Stacey to Illinois, ability to actually be able to get into the plane (and, that's kind of a big one). 

Even after weeks of ordered training, pretty sure that all of you will still be able to recognize me! Perhaps, a smaller me, but same face.

I'm off to do chores, one of which I absolutely 
hate - laundry. The actual process of washing and drying clothes isn't the problem. The problem is and always has been, folding and putting away the clean clothes.

Hope you have a great Friday, and an even better weekend.

P
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...