Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday, Sunday

6/2/2019

Yesterday, I had a personal trainer come to "evaluate" me. The evaluation was painful, but I knew/know that for me to get my physical health back, things are just going to hurt. I have a 5 year goal: return to Maui to celebrate our 50th anniversary.  I think, nope I know, that I'll do everything possible so that my dream will become a reality.

The therapist had me get on the floor, and then get up. My getting up definitely resembled a whale out of water. A lot of floundering was done on my part. 

A number of things he asked me to do, were for the most part, doable, but also painful. For instance, if I am laying down on my left side, then my hip which suffers from some kind of itis (made up word, but you get the idea), didn't like that position at all.  Also, the use of my right arm to help pull myself up onto a chair, has caused me a lot of pain, even 24 hours later. 

For the most part, I liked the trainer, but I have another trainer coming this week. After I see this trainer, then I can make a decision about which trainer I want to work with. The cost of a trainer is reasonable, for the most part. $50.00 an hour, twice a week is manageable. This trainer believed that I needed training three times a week, and I know he's right. But the cost of these sessions can add up quickly.

Knowing all that, I have several items on my bucket list:
  • Travel to Hawaii, Maui in particular
  • Take a cruise to anywhere
  • Go to Italy
  • Be able to get my body into the plane with less difficulty 
  • Be able to walk without assistance (wheel chair, stupid carts in stores).
  • Vacation with the boys et al at the Outer Banks, like we used to. Two weeks at the beach, would be wonderful!
  • Road trip with Stacey and Wendy to Illinois. There are lots of things to do in Chicago. The hotel? Has to be the Palmer House, because that's where I stayed on a field trip while I was in high school. We teenage girls had a fantastic time there.
  • And, as long as I'm in Illinois, go see my brother.
Last, but not least, is to have some plastic surgery done - no not a lip puffer up, but to take out spare skin, which I seem to have a lot of! 

So, there you have it.  This is a picture of the lobby. Lovely, lovely.
 
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/69/db/3e69dba6abc70429d2462f02c47f805f.jpg



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...