Wednesday, October 23, 2019

A Beautiful Autumn Day

10/23/2019

Woke up this morning to just a spectacular day. Temperatures pleasant, and no rain in the immediate forecast. How does a day get better than that? Well, Ada is coming this afternoon to clean and the Nationals won last night's game. I'll be watching tonight's game, with finger's crossed for another win for the home team.

I've never been interested, in the least, about sports. Partially because I know very little or nothing about how the game is played. Okay, I at least get baseball - it's easy to understand for me. Football? I'll watch the game but the lines keep moving, flags are thrown, etc., and all of this confuses me.

Jeff has put our old television back in the den. It's small, by today's standards, but at the time was big enough for me. I think it's 50 inches. But I could be wrong. The bigger tv, died suddenly when I was watching a movie. Luckily, we have a warranty, so we can take it back to Costco for a refund. That's fine. But, there are two problems: (1) Jeff needs someone like Scott or perhaps a neighbor to take the tv off the wall; and (2) we have to take it to Costco. And, after all of that drama, we buy a new tv, and probably a bigger one. You know how much I love television, but since it didn't work while Jeff was away, I put a real dent in my books that needed to be read. The next time I see Stacey, I will give her these books to give to her mother. And, then I'll start on a new stack of books - love reading - and always have.

P
 
 Image result for picture of nationals baseball team





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...