Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A Long Day

10/15/2019

Yesterday, Jeff, Bella and myself went to Hopkins for our six month "well" visit. While out appointments were supposed to be just 30 minutes each, our actual visit went on much longer. We were the last patients, so our doctor was able to spend more time with us. And, since we really like this doctor, we were more than happy to spend time with her.

After our visit, when it was time to go home, I walked through the hospital and walked through WalMart! These are big things for me.

Throughout our multi-hour visit, Bella was a perfect example of what a service dog should do. The trouble is, she's very pretty and just about everybody wants to pet her. One woman wanted to know why she couldn't pet her, until I explained that when is wearing her vest, she's "on the job". We don't want a lot of people pet her, it could take away her focus.

The big news is: I was actually able to walk to the doctor's office. And, I walked again while we shopped at WalMart. Doesn't sound like such a big deal perhaps to you, but if you live locally, then you would know what an accomplishment this was for me. I am stronger now than I was before having a personal trainer. I am able now to be able to just stand up when I've been sitting in a chair. Another big deal for me.

Jeff is off on his yearly migration, leaving me 5 days to be a "bachelorette". Nap when I want, eat when and what I want. I might even have cereal for lunch and/or dinner, and nobody will care.

First thing today, is the kitchen. Then, put my warmer weather clothes away, and pull out my "winter" clothes. I love this time of year. Sweaters feel good, as well as long pants. I always have my pants altered. At the moment, all my pants are altered. I like my pants just above my ankle. It's not a look everybody is going for, but I don't need pants too long that would/could put me at risk of falling! Here's a good example of the long pants I'm writing about.


See the complete The Row Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear collection. 

P







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...