Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Favorite Things to Do

10/2/2019

I am, and have always been an avid reader. I've been reading books for years, and once I'm engrossed in a story, the world could be falling apart. I wouldn't care.

I am now on book two of a series. It annoys me that I have to put down the book in order to be somewhat productive. Emphasis is on the word productive.  

 I have finished book one of a series, and because I'm really invested in the series, want to move on to book number two, etc.

I have a Kindle, and because of the super large font that I've selected, it makes it easy for me to read. Trouble is, that sometimes it's cheaper to buy a real book! I always check out the prices for both used hardback and paperback books. With my reading glasses and bright light, I can read "regular" books. 

I have stopped and started this blog several times this morning. I stop when I have to take a call (I'm very important you know), make or cancel appointments, as well as just stuff.

I've bagged up my "fat" clothes. While my weight is holding, and I go up or down one or two pounds. There is a part of me that fears if I get rid of these clothes, that I might need them someday. As hard as I've worked on my "diet" if you will, I hope that I will never need these clothes again. I went to training last week, wearing a pair of "bigger" clothes. My trainer suggested that when I get home, put the pants in the trash can. And, I did. I could donate these clothes, but then I'm back to the same problem, the "what if's" if you will.

I am following the things that Jeff and I were taught when we were preparing for barbaric surgery. Small plates, small forks and spoons, don't drink with a meal (I do this anyway), and most importantly STOP when you are no longer hungry. I still crave dessert, and perhaps I always will. When the family gets together, I do take a small piece of dessert, but generally don't eat all of it. This takes a major amount of willpower on my part, and I don't always win!

Talk to you tomorrow.

P


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...