Monday, October 14, 2019

Traveling

10/14/2019

Today, after Jeff and I spend the afternoon at Hopkins, we're heading to the "Mart" to do some shopping. Jeff will be gone all week, so I need to have some of my favorite foods. Frostie Flakes being one of those foods that I must have.

This evening, Jeff will pack up his clothes. Tomorrow, his CPAP machine and his Dopp bag, which holds his toothbrush, paste, as well as anything else.

What’s a Dopp kit you ask? The all-knowing Internet, describes it as most if not in all instances, synonymous with a toiletry bag for men. Most of the original models have managed to survive two world wars. 

The first train case was first used in 1948, and all women who traveled, had train cases, such as these: The brown one resembles one that my Mother used, and the whitish one was what my Grandmother carried.


Image result for train case vintage 

 

The picture above definitely reminds me of the train case Mom had, it held her cosmetics and jewelry. In the 50's and perhaps even for a short time in the 60's, no woman went traveling without a case such as this. Today, this would be just one more thing to lug around while traveling. Although, while doing my research, it appears that the cases are still being used, in a new and improved look.

On Ebay, you can buy a vintage Louis Vuitton case for $13,000.00. If I paid that much for a case, then I want to be sure that I do a lot of traveling!

The hard-sided suitcases that we have in the basement, are now considered vintage, and is now longer used, by most people.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...