Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Baseball

10/30/2019

Jeff and I were watching the game last night (which the Nats won), but I fell asleep mid-way through the game. I guess the only thing that matters is winning. Tonight, is the game, as Jeff says, worth all the marbles. 

The salary that some of the baseball players receive, is beyond staggering. For instance, the Nats pitcher, will receive $38.3 Million dollars. His full contract is for 7 years (2017-2023) and is not His 2019 salary is the second-largest single-season sum within the contract, as he’s slated to make $45 million in the final year of the deal in 2023. I wonder what somebody who receives that large of a paycheck, spends it on. 

Trust me, there are many athletes, in baseball, football and basketball, that also make staggering amounts of money. Are they all worth it? I'm not an owner of any sport, so I, obviously, don't know anything about players' salaries. But, what I do know, that for all of my working years, I never was paid even remotely close to a million dollars. Would I have been worth it? Oh you bet - at least my ego thinks so!!

Before, tonight's game, I'll get a nap sometime in the afternoon, so that I'm rested come 8:00!! This game is a must see. And, I don't want to miss any of the game.

I don't know which team, if any, you are rooting for, but I know that the fans in this area, are hoping to come home with, both the title and the trophy.


Image result for what kind of trophy does the winning world series team get 


If the Nats win the World Series, the local communities will obviously loose their minds. So fingers crossed for tonight.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...