Thursday, October 3, 2019

All The News I Can Stand!

10/3/2019

I think we can all agree that the news for the past few months, has been more than a bit interesting. I used to pay little or no attention to newspapers, or the news on television.

But, then the news became more interesting. Every day there is something happening in the political arena. And, I will admit, that I'm fully engaged in reading or seeing all the little bits and pieces that make up our history.

No political bias or bashing on my part. As they used to say on the show "Dragnet" (some of you may remember the show). My favorite line, in every episode was "just the facts ma'am. In other words, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself, unless you are sure that the other person shares your views. Otherwise, it will just become a dog and cat fat.

Impeach? Not to impeach? We know that the wheels of democracy move s-l-o-w-l-y. Campaign promises, are not always implemented. I guess that's just Washington. The two sides of government (house and senate) can seldom agree on much of anything.  Down side? Nothing very much gets done, to the disappointment of we regular folk.

There are one or two Democratic candidates, that I like better than others. But, I'm not naming anyone. I do feel sorry for Bernie Sanders, who had to have heart surgery to put in two stents. Unfortunately, Bernie is 78, and this may bias some voters against him.

Doing my on-line research: longest living President is Jimmy Carter, who is now 95. Ronald Reagan was 73 and Trump is now 70. Perhaps age shou
ldn't be the only reason not to vote for a candidate. A candidate's health is something people take into consideration as well.

Here's what I know for sure. The election next year will be interesting, and "perhaps" at times entertaining as well. We'll have to wait and see.

P

 Image result for picture of presidential debate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...