Wednesday, October 9, 2019

All The News That's Fit to Read

10/9/2019

In my adult life, I have never paid much attention to the news. For me, it was always boring, but not anymore. I actually read the paper, and watch the news every night. And, at the end of the news, I sadly shake my head. We must be living in the Land of Oz. I can't explain the daily happenings around the world.

Some of this nonsense may also have been happening, when I was in high school. But, as a teenager, I actually couldn't care less. I was having fun during my high school years. Schools back then didn't need "guards" to protect the students. The only mass shooting that I knew anything about, was the killing of 8 nurses in Chicago in 1967. Only one of the nurses survived and the killer was found guilty after only 49 minutes of deliberation. He died from a heart attack in prison, after serving only 20 years of his sentence.

During the Vietnam war, approximately 57,939 solders died, or were missing. Statically, the last two soldiers died in 1975. I am fairly certain that there were other soldiers that went missing, and I'm right. 1,592 soldiers are still missing today.

I corresponded with one of my high school friend, who was serving in Vietnam. I kept my letters upbeat, and always put a little perfume on each letter. Sadly, he was killed, but I like to think that he enjoyed the letters I sent to him.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...