Thursday, October 10, 2019

Sports

10/10/2019

I watched (really I did) last night's ballgame. And, to make it even more exciting, our home team, the Nationals won! 

I understand a ballgame, much better than a football game. In baseball, the objective is simple: hit the ball, hopefully run the bases and then land on home plate. No yellow flags thrown, and certain things, like grabbing a face mask are violations. When a team gets a violation, and all of them do, some kind of line gets moved to somewhere. See, this is pretty much my understanding of football. And, since it's a contact sport, I wince every time that a player is smashed to the ground. 

Just checking (oh how much I love Google), the average football player's salary is $2.1 million. Not too shabby. The lowest salary is $495,000. I could live with that, if I had to!

Kirk Cousins earns $27,500,000, he is the kicker for the Baltimore Ravens.  Considering how many times (estimate) that a kicker gets to kick, Kirk Cousins is doing alright for himself.

I think I remember, and that can be a stretch for me, but there is another baseball game tomorrow.  I looked it up, and the Ravens play the Cardinals. 
Who wouldn't want a home team (NFL or MLB) to play games and actually win!

There is a game tonight. Ravens versus Astros. Let's keep our fingers crossed, that we will win. Another Ravens game is scheduled for tomorrow night. Checking the Ravens stats, they have gone to the Superbowl in 2001 and 2013!

Probably time for popcorn tonight.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...