Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Documentation for Driver's License

10/29/2019

I don't know how it is in your state, but here in Maryland and Virginia, you have to bring to the MVA certain documents that prove your identity.

One thing you have to provide is a certified copy of your birth certificate. First hurdle - I actually don't have a birth certificate. I ordered one from Illinois, and added it to the other required documents. You need a bill in your name, social security card, social security statement and finally your passport. 

Collecting all of these documents, does take time as well organization. While my memory isn't very good now, I was at least able to round up the necessary pieces. We had made an appointment, a wise choice anytime you have to go to the MVA. It literally took all of 5 minutes for the clerk to scan in my documents. Now I'm "legal"!!

I also know that some people are turned away for lack of proper documents, and that would be frustrating. If you don't have your birth certificate, or other required documents, you're sent home, to try again.

This is a busy week for us. Nothing fun, just things that need doing. You simply have to put one foot in front of the other.

We'll definitely watch tonight's game. Oh, please let the Nats win. It would mean so much to us local folks. Particularly, since our football team has disappointed us pretty much all of the time.

We are now into sweater weather. Wearing a sweater is actually, in my opinion, very nice. Having to wear a coat - not so much.  Of 6,586 respondents, 59 percent placed the sweater weather cutoff into the 55 to 65 degree range. Most specifically, the average nationally is 60 degrees. ... The warmest region is the West, where an average of 62 degrees is cool enough to signal sweater time. All the information you didn't need or want to know. But, you also know me, and my love of searching for the history of how and why something is.

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.

P

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...