Saturday, October 12, 2019

The Elvis Shelf

10/12/2019

As a teenager, there were two artists that I loved, the Beatles and Elvis (last name was never important).

I remember watching Elvis on the Ed Sullivan show, which some of you may have watched also. At that time, all the gyrating on the stage that he did, was something nobody had seen before. They called him Elvis the Pelvis, which is just about all that you need to know about him. As he got older and heavier, he could still gyrate, but it just wasn't the same.

I always wanted to see Elvis in person, but that never happened. I really wanted to see young Elvis, not old Elvis, whose time on top was beginning to fade. 

Compared to the musical performances of today, which are sometimes over the top. Okay, I'm old fashioned, and I don't mind. And, it just isn't the performers, dressed in clothes that looked like they were at the back of a closet, it's the music. 

The music of the 50's and 60's was, in my humble opinion, some of the best ever, before and definitely after. The songs of my teen years, is now considered "elevator music". I wonder if the same can be said 20 years from now, with today's music. Seems doubtful to me. But, this is just an old woman's point of view. And, what do I know?

After finding books about Elvis on Amazon, there are a number of books written that are for the most part, out of my budget. Some books are going for hundreds of dollars. I love you Elvis, just not that much!

Going to Graceland was a real treat for me. It's almost like you could feel his presence. I know that sounds kooky, but it's what I felt. There are, of course, rooms that you don't get to go into, and definitely not upstairs. Still, it was an experience I'm glad I had. Given the chance, I'd revisit Graceland. Here's two pictures of Elvis. I know that I wouldn't have wanted to see him as older, heavier Elvis.  But, you have to admit, at least I think you do, that he was once a very handsome man.

 Posterazzi EVCPCDELPREC002HLARGE Elvis Presley Photo Print 16 x 20


Image result for picture of fat elvis

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...