Saturday, October 5, 2019

Road Trips

10/5/2019

This morning, at O dark thirty, Jeff and Scott set off to I believe Oklahoma (although that's about 19 hours of driving), so I may have heard their destination wrong, to pick up a utility trailer. The trailer will meet all of the Bassett family needs. Luckily, the trailer will stay at Scott's house, until one of us needs to use it.

I've checked how many hours it will take to reach their destination, which would be something like 19 hours each way. I have probably said the wrong state. A brain cramp is not exactly unusual for me.

Then, big day tomorrow, Jeff and Scott are once again hitting the road. Destination: Ohio. Reason: to pick up Scott's "relatively new" Expedition. I can't remember what year it is, I do know that the expedition met all of his wants: color, low mileage, and a bunch of gadgets that his old Expedition did not have.

So glad that I don't have to make these road trips. I'm sure that Jeff and Scott will take the convertible. This will work, particularly if the weather is as nice, as it is now. But, eventually I think that the outside road noise will have them put the top up. Tomorrow's trip is only about 6 hours - piece of cake. 

Either trip will wear both of them out. It's like when we go to Hopkins in Baltimore, and spend many hours there. It's exhausting, but you actually haven't done any work!

Meanwhile, the girls and I will be having a low key, stress free days here at home. It was all quiet here, just a moment ago. But, then the neighbor drove into his garage, and Bella went nuts. I know that Bella is trying to protect the house, but a falling leaf is not a threat to her people.

I hope the weather is gorgeous where you are. It's a beautiful day here, which should make my loops around the circle more inviting.

P


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...