Monday, October 7, 2019

Inside My Head!

10/7/2019

Don't worry. Whatever is or isn't rattling around upstairs, isn't catching!

Yesterday, Jeff and Scott drove to Ohio to pick up Scott's "new 2013" Expedition. His old Expedition just couldn't be really fixed even with duct tape and glue. 

When I searched for gently used Expeditions, I was surprised by the number of miles on cars that people were selling. Apparently, if you own an Expedition, you basically just drive it into the ground. They just seem to last forever. Scott was really happy with the car. Unlike his old Expedition (2001), this relatively new one had a bunch of bells and whistles he hadn't had before. While it took probably a month to get the deal closed (paperwork and delays), in the end it was worth it.

On Sunday, while Jeff and Scott were off to Ohio, I "attempted" to put together my metal laundry cart. Notice I said attempted. I got all the pieces put together (mostly), but had so much trouble getting each shelf to line up on both sides. And putting on casters - forget about it. When Jeff came home, he did take up where I had left off, and was able to assemble a very nice cart. I took the cart into the laundry room yesterday, and was able to take all the bottles of bleach, soap, and other necessities, and put them on the cart. The laundry room has never looked so organized.

My next challenge is to take all the tupperware out of the cabinets. Put them on the table and match lids to bowls. I'll have to use the theory that if I don't have a match for either the lid or bowl, then the orphan item has to be tossed. Once I have accomplished this, I'll let you know how it went. Fingers crossed. Right now, I have tupperware  pretty much in every cabinet in the kitchen. Time to do something with my present "stuff and go" and then ultimately "forget" where all that stuff is!

It may get warmer later, but right now, putting on a light sweater and jeans. And, as an added bonus, pretty much everything fits. Let's hear it for weight loss. Now, the challenge will be to keep the weight off. I have two bags filled with "fat" clothes, and Jeff is going to put them somewhere, probably in the basement. I wore a pair of capri pants to therapy. My trainer told me that when I got home, I should put them in the trash, because it was obvious they were too big. And, when I got home, I did just that.

Today, is "shrink time". Like a car that needs it's oil changed regularly, my brain has to be tweaked once a month.

Have an excellent day.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...