Monday, July 20, 2015

Veterans Airlift Flight

7/20/2015

Tomorrow, Jeff is flying to Ohio to pick up a disabled veteran and his service dog.  The veteran has been in Ohio training with his new dog.  After Jeff picks them up, he's flying them home to North Carolina.

Jeff loves these flights for two reasons.  The most obvious one is that he gets to fly!  When you're a pilot, any excuse to be up in the air is a good thing.  Second, by flying a disabled veteran to either a hospital, home or to their family, is a way of giving back.

The veterans and their families are always grateful to the pilots who provide this service on their own time and with no regard to how much fuel and/or time is involved.

We could, I suppose, give money to some charity group.  But, then I wonder if the right people are getting the money or clothes we donate.  So instead of that, by flying a "VAC" flight, Jeff and I know that his time flying a veteran, is a gift.  A gift that won't be divvied up by corporate folks.

Here's to private pilots who fly disabled veterans around the country.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...