Friday, July 3, 2015

Air Conditioner Troubles

7/3/2014

When I last left you, Jeff was talking to the technicians about the sorry state of one of our air conditioners.  Since the technicians disabled the downstairs unit, we are staying "comfy" (more or less) with the use of fans.  Luckily, the upstairs unit is working perfectly, and the bedroom is nice and cool/cold when it's time for bed.

The salesman came to the house and he and Jeff talked numbers, product options, etc.  Manly stuff.  I stayed out of the discussion, because I really didn't have anything to add to the conversation.  All I knew was that I wanted a new a/c - the when, how, etc. was above my "pay" (ha ha) grade!

Jeff and the salesman came up with a new a/c, thermostat and probably some other stuff that I don't know or care about.  The only thing I care about is the when - as in when will they be able to install the new unit.  Oh, and this unit is coming with snow legs, which lifts the outdoors unit up a few inches which should prevent old Sam from peeing on it!  Here's hoping anyway.  Sam has never met a flat surface that he didn't believe wouldn't benefit from him marking his territory!  Note to self:  I'm never going to have another male dog!

So while we're cooling the downstairs with fans, where we spend the majority of our time, I'm not going to add to the heat by turning the oven on.  Food either cooks in the microwave or on the barbecue or eaten cold.

Whatever you do today, stay cool.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...