Saturday, July 4, 2015

Replacing Old Appliances

7/4/2015

Jeff and I are of the mindset, and perhaps even the generation of people who see no reason to change out appliances as long as they are working.  Since we don't give much of a thought about artistic decorating, we don't care if our stove and refrigerator match, for instance.  Are they both working?  Yes - well that's good enough.

This week our so far very reliable, and much used, toaster decided it would only toast two slices of bread, not the usual four.  We've had the toaster a long time, but we want a four toaster.  Off I go to the best shopping spot ever - Amazon - and search for a toaster that has high reviews and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

By the way, this wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  There are still the under $30.00 toasters, made of plastic, that would probably do the job, but I want a toaster made with something besides plastic.  I was surprised at the price of some of the toasters, paying over a $100 for a toaster sounds ridiculous to me.  I found a toaster with high reviews (4 stars) for $40.00.  One good thing about Amazon is the easy return policy.  You don't like it - you send it back.

I have an older washing machine the kind with the agitator in the middle.  Now when this machine breaks, it might prove challenging to find a machine with an agitator like the one I have now.  But, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Laundry isn't much of a big deal in our house anymore.  With the boys gone, there are generally only two loads of laundry each week: whites and coloreds.  

Since we have had to purchase a new furnace and air conditioning unit this week, my hopes of a new reclining sofa are dwindling.  I like the sofa, just sometimes I have trouble getting this old body out of it!  

It's a wet 4th of July here, so there's no need for me to go out and water my new plants. If we want to watch fireworks, we'll see them on television.

P

Image result for fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...