Thursday, July 16, 2015

Parking Lots and Short People

7/16/15

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment and you have to pay to park.  I hate these non-manned parking lots.  I can never pull my car close enough to grab the ticket to go in.  My arms are very short and even though I move my mirrors in, I still struggle.  So, there's no hope for it, but to put the car in park, get out of the car and grab the little ticket.  Luckily, it was a slow morning so there wasn't another car waiting for me to get out of the way.

After the appointment, you go to a little kiosk and insert your ticket and it tells you how much you have to pay.  After you pay, the little ticket is spit out and you can now go on your way.  Once at the exit area, I have the same scenario as before, only in reverse.  Put the car in park, step out of the car just enough to little the little box grab the ticket, and raise the arm so I can leave. 

I know that if there was a parking lot attendant, that would cost some corporation money, and heavens we don't want to bite into a corporation's profits.  I always dread these automatic ticket booths because my arm isn't long enough to grab or insert a ticket.  Jeff has no such difficulties, he simply pulls up, grabs the ticket and goes to park.  

I'm convinced that the world isn't geared to short people.  All the pants and/or blouses that I buy, have to be taken to the tailor to be hemmed.  So not only do I get to pay for the clothing in the first place, but then I have to pay for alterations.  If you have ever looked at the inseam sizes of petite clothing in catalogs, they are generally 28 inches long.  My pants are usually 25 inches long.  I'm wondering where they get these little people from.  I suppose if I wore high heels, then a 28 inch inseam wouldn't be a problem.  Since I don't wear heels on a regular basis and I hate pants that drag on the ground, they always have to be shortened.  The alteration lady knows me on sight - I'm her "it's too long" customer!

I've always believed that I wasn't as much overweight, as I was over tall!

P

2 comments:

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...