Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Trying Something New

7/7/2015

Today, I'm going to my doctor who is going to insert a temporary nerve stimulator in my back.  The idea is that when I have pain, which is most of the time, there is a little remote thingy that I can use to send some electric (for lack of a better word) up my spine.  Once that signal hits my upper back, it supposedly shuts off the pain.  

Don't ask me how this works or why it works, but it's something that Saint Jude's has come up with and the DVD they sent me shows people with this device, gardening, walking and basically enjoying a pain free life.  I can only hope this will be the same for me.

I will wear this temporary device for about a week.  If it works, then I can have it permanently placed in my back.  If it doesn't work - I've tried and am only out my copay.  The way I see it is that I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

So here's hoping.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...