Friday, July 24, 2015

Air Conditioning Saga

7/24/2015

More than a week ago, we paid for a new furnace and an a/c unit for the downstairs of our house.  We have a separate unit for upstairs.  And, we paid a lot of money for these two items and expected to receive first class treatment.  If I pay nearly $10,000 for the units, then I also expect to feel like a "pretty woman" from the people who were working at my house.  Anyway, I didn't get the "pretty woman" treatment, and there have been a number of issues surrounding the install.

Both the county and the WSSC inspectors have red-flagged our install, which means that the worker bees need to come back to the house, fix the problems and then I have to get the inspectors to come back out.  

The last time I had a technician come out to check on the amount of water that is pouring off from the roof or eave somewhere into a five gallon bucket, that needs to be emptied every day, I was told that there was no trouble found.  I was told it's normal to have water run off and that perhaps I should invest in something like a flexible hose that would take the water out into the yard.  This last visit, felt more like I was being petted on the head.  After all, I'm just a woman and I'm not one to argue, so I take everything at face value.

Jeff, on the other hand, now has the install supervisor coming out on Monday to check on all of our problems, including the water.  When he told me they were coming out, I dreaded having to be here to once again be patronized, and not knowing what questions I should ask.

Once again, Jeff to the rescue.  He's taking Monday off so he'll be here to oversee the corrections.  Jeff knows that I feel overwhelmed with all the mumbo jumbo that's thrown at me, so if he's here the mumbo jumbo will stop, if it even gets started.

Nearly 41 years ago, Jeff showed up in a white car (he didn't own a white horse) and has taken care of me ever since.  He is my knight in shining armor and since he knows how much I stress about things, tries to smooth out the wrinkles in my path.

Words cannot adequately describe what it feels like to me to have Jeff slay the modern day dragons and smooth out the wrinkles in my path.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...