Monday, July 6, 2015

It's Toast

7/6/2015

Amazon sent out my new and shiny toaster and it arrived on Sunday.  With the service and variety of things you can buy, I don't know how anybody else stays in business.

The new toaster has buttons you can press for frozen, reheating and bagels.  Those options pretty much cover my toasting requirements.  I have for more years than I can count, always had toast and coffee for breakfast.  Healthy?  Probably not since I like to slather butter on my toast or bagel, but I pretty much don't care.

Yesterday, after the toaster arrived, I had to make a piece of toast.  It was a quality check, nothing more (sure it was).  Anyway, the toast was toasted perfectly and I deemed my new purchase a success.  I had Jeff cart the old toaster to the trash - I see no reason to keep a toaster that only works on one side.  I believe that when something new comes into the house, it stands to reason that something old should go out.  That sounds good in theory, but it doesn't always happen.

Mind you, I haven't yet thrown out the box that the toaster arrived in.  I'll wait a few weeks before I do that.  There's nothing worse than trying to send something back to Amazon, or anybody else for that matter, and have no box!  But since I'm not a box hoarder, the box will be out in the street probably by next week.

And speaking of toast, since our air conditioner downstairs is dead, and the heat continues to rise, it's getting a little toasty downstairs!

Stay cool.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...