Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Air Conditioner Man Cometh!

7/8/2015

I'm facing another day with no air conditioning downstairs, where I spend all of my day (ugh).  I have fans which somehow make me feel somewhat better, even though all their doing is blowing hot air.

I have received a call that the new a/c unit and furnace will be installed tomorrow.  I was dreading and even expecting that there would be a delay, at the worst possible time of the year, to having air conditioning again.  All I have to do is get through today and it's supposed to be hot and humid.  

Since we have no a/c downstairs, dinners have to be either "nuked" or put on the barbecue.  I refuse to turn an oven on in this heat.  Tonight, I'm going to throw together one of my famous one pot wonders - assorted foods and seasonings - and call that dinner.  Literally, all you need is meat, I'm using hamburger, small noodles, cream of mushroom soup, big scoop of salsa and a can of hot chilies and tomatoes.  After all of that has cooked, I add sour cream and mix again.  It's super easy and has always been well received by my family.

For today, I'm going to find the coolest clothing possible.  After yesterday's procedure, I have a remote control that I can either increase or decrease the amount of electricity (for lack of a better word) that I receive.  The remote is heavy and yesterday it threatened to pull my pants down, and that's something nobody wants to see!  I found a small knitted bag that I can wear around my neck and keep the remote handy - and bonus - keep my pants on!

Stay cool.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...