Saturday, July 11, 2015

Buzzing Along

7/11/2015

I've two days left of my trial stimulator and I've come to accept the buzzing that the stimulator gives me.  Obviously, you can adjust the amount of stimulation you receive, but with more stimulation, for me at least, any pain is obscured.  

I tried yesterday to explain to the St. Jude's representative, that it was like being zapped.  I don't think he liked that word, but it's the closest word I can come up with to describe the tingles.  

On Monday, I will have the temporary removed, and I'll be able to shower again (yeah).  If the doctor and I believe that this device helped, then I would go to a surgeon and have the stimulator permanently implanted in my back.  There would be no more MRI's in my future, but that doesn't bother me much.  And, I would have to carry a card explaining in some situations why I set off bells and whistles!!  Luckily, when flying on N874T, I don't have to go through security.

The question I must ask and answer for myself in the next two days, is the device helpful, and I believe so.  The temporary device comes with a fairly large and heavy remote that when I tried clipping it on my pants, they were in danger of coming off!  Nobody needs to see that.  To keep from shocking people with a view of my rear, I found a small knitted bag that I knotted and secured with packing tape.  I put the remote in there and wear it around my neck.  It works that's all that matters.

So until Monday, I'll be here at the house buzzing, fully expecting to see my legs move (which they don't) and waiting to take a shower after the device is removed.  It's definitely the little things in life that matter so much.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...