Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MRI and Nerve Stimulator

7/22/2015

This afternoon, I have to have an MRI.  I absolutely hate them.  I get instant claustrophobia once I'm inside the tube.  It feels like a casket to me and I am always asking the technician if they can see and hear me.  

Once I have a permanent nerve stimulator put into my back, I will never be able to have an MRI again.  I think that's a good thing, since I hate them so much but you never know when modern medicine will come up with another way of testing your body!

I am anxious to have the stimulator implanted, because I did so well on the trial one I used.  Only problem with the trial stimulator, it was so heavy that if I hadn't found a way to hang it around my neck, it would have pulled my pants off!  And I assure you nobody needs or wants to see that.

I'll end up with a small remote that I can use to increase or decrease the amount of "zaps" (my word, but not one the doctors like hearing) my body gets.  The idea is that your brain concentrates on the zapping, and pain becomes nearly a non-issue.  

With the trial stimulator, I sometimes had it cranked up so high that I thought I would be able to actually see my legs jerking around - but that didn't happen.  Just another over imaginative thought of mine.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...